Empowering individuals and families living with chronic pain to create happier, healthier lives through support, education, and outreach.
We believe an individual’s experience of pain is unique and deserving of respect. Our goal is to help people with pain and their caregivers understand chronic pain and improve quality of life through programs such as our support groups, individual counseling, and social service support.
- Respect: We respect the individual experiences and journeys of others and accept each person where they are on that journey.
- Collaboration: We collaborate with our clients to understand their needs. We collaborate with other organizations and service providers to support the clients we serve and the community.
- Community: We commit to creating a supportive and encouraging community of hope for ourselves, our clients, and their families.
- Empower: We empower individuals with chronic pain and chronic illness, their families and the professional communities that serve them through education and support.
- Wellness. We support a whole-person approach to wellness and pain management.
- Research. We support ongoing research to find healthy, effective solutions to pain management.
- Be the change: We commit to being the change we wish to see in the world in an endeavor to create a better world.
Pain takes you out of life. It changes your relationships with others, with yourself, your ability to earn an income, to provide for yourself, your family, and isolates you. Through connecting with others who understood this and experienced pain themselves, founder, Salina Shelton began her journey toward healing from chronic pain. Along the journey, Salina found many gaps in services available to those who experience chronic pain.
To this end, she founded the Chronic Pain Resource Center of South Texas in 2017. We are a 501 (c)3 nonprofit, with the mission to help people with pain connect to each other, service providers, and social services and to help them move from patient to person.